In the words of Jerri Blank: "I've got somethin' to say!"

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Exit Music (For a Thesis)

As much as I want to scream it from the Appalachian mountaintops, I am keeping the following information relatively low-key. I turned in my thesis to my committee last evening. All 142 glorious pages.

Well, low-key except that I told Hernan and Tatiana in the library because I saw them after I printed it out. (P.S. Sorry to the library patrons trying to print at the same time!) And I told 2 of my students because I was late to my office hours because of it. And Dr. Partyka because she's a nerd like me, and she would care. And I told Dr. Jokisch because his office is right by Dr. Whitson's. And I called my mom, because hey, you would, too. Ok so I didn't keep it low-key, did I? But I'm not plastering it all over facebook because I feel like it will jinx me. Plus I don't want people to come to my defense. After the defense I will become less low-key. But until then...Breathe, keep breathing...

2 comments:

  1. I'm not going to jinx you, but I will say congratulations! Also, your average thesis committee wants to bask in your reflected glory, not embarrass you, so they're unlikely to let you defend if they think you're not ready. I'm sure you are - plus I know at least one of your committee members. I'm positive you'll be more than fine! Just keep breathing. :-)

    ReplyDelete