In the words of Jerri Blank: "I've got somethin' to say!"

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Festies!

Hey heyyyy.
So there is life after grad school, because I am finished, and still breathing. Unemployment is going to be financially hard on me, so I'll need a lot of ideas for free things to do. One of the not-at-all-free activities that I enjoy partaking in the most is going to festivals over the summer. Nothing grounds me quite like a weekend full of great music, sunny weather, wonderful people and camping.

I went to this year's Summer Camp festival in Chillicothe, Illinois, and my love for festies came rushing back to me. After years of action items lists and deadlines and citation style guides, it was so nice to have a to-do list that 1. didn't require being written down in order for me to follow it, and 2. included items such as wash face at the spigot, stay hydrated, catch Pretty Lights live. I wish there was a way that I could enjoy the freedom of unemployment but also have some money in order to enjoy all the free time. Maybe it's because I was deprived of actual summer camp as a child, or any camping for that matter, but I want to make up for lost time by living from festie to festie all summer long. Unfortunately, this is not financially feasible. :(

It is because of this that I am posting this little widget here. If I make it to no other festival this summer, I will still be making Camp Bisco. The lineup is amazing, and even some friends are playing a set there. I imagine an Athens, OH reunion will be happening at this venue.


I will try to write more. It's funny how I have actually posted less now that I have more free time. Being on a tight schedule really does ensure that things get done. Maybe between the spigot run of one festie and the first show of the next, I will fit in some blogging. Summer love to all of you!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, congratulations on finishing your degree and having good fun!! love the summer. Look forward to seeing what you do next.

    My mother sent me this:

    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/23/us/23beetle.html?emc=eta1

    ReplyDelete